Switching From XP to Linux - Should You?

…About the poll called “Are you considering a switch from Windows to Linux?” I see that almost 47% of visitors say “Yes” (so did I). I am an XP user and was wondering if you can post a short note for advice about switching to Linux?…spacer_gif Switching From XP to Linux - Should You?

What’s surprising, is when I examine the web stats for the blog, the month of March 2008 showed 41% of visitors used Windows XP! (The fisrt week of April shows 48.8% used XP). Also, for mere interest 88.3% of browsers for the first week of April 2008 are Firefox. And, for March 2008 Firefox comprised 78.5% of visitors. This tells us that visitors are indeed opensource users and that readers are almost a 50/50 split between Windows and other OS’s (such as Linux). Additionally, it appears from this week’s poll (the one you mentioned above) and earlier polls, that there is genuine interest in your question.spacer_gif Switching From XP to Linux - Should You?

This is a hard question to answer for you in one post. To answer the question, perhaps it’s best to ask yourself this question, “Is it a good idea to switch to Linux?” or “Am I willing to take the time to explore new things and have fun?” If you’ve answered yes, read on… :)

Try the LiveCD first and see if you are able to get used to the newer system. I made my choice very quickly after using it.spacer_gif Switching From XP to Linux - Should You?

Obviously preparation is important. When I switched, the primary concern for me was my data. I needed a way to save all my documents, music and email. The email was an easy fix because I had already Read the full post…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: the cloud platform of choice, due on 17th April 2014

New Pop!_OS Update Makes (Some) Computers Faster

Ubuntu’s New Installer is Shaping Up Nicely