Mirror: 10 things I’ve overheard about my Linux laptop while on public transportation · Demotivatoional Posters and Funny Pics

I’ve been taking the train to work for 4 years now. It’s a 45 minute rambling ride in which I usually either read a book, sleep, or grab my laptop loaded up with Ubuntu and get some stuff done. Over time, I’ve collected a few funny remarks I’ve either over heard, or that people have said directly to me. Here are the 10 best.

  1. That’s not windows, it’s a Mac! (One teenager to another).
  2. Where’s the start button? (Asked directly to me on a train).
  3. Random middle manager 1: He must be in Marketing, he’s making a new picture! Random middle manager 2: I don’t know, look how he’s dressed. (While using gimp).
  4. Don’t turn your computer on Bill – that guy can look into it! (two business men).
  5. You’ve got to work in IT. (said directly to me).
  6. (Whispered)How did he get Vista early? (Two teens).
  7. Yeah, I’m surrounded by yuppies, kids, drones and two guys using Linux. (Someone on a cell phone).
  8. What the hell is that? (Pointing to my screen -followed by a 15 minute conversation about computers).
  9. Can you game on it? (Guy with a Sony VIAO running Vista. He wasn’t impressed by Moria).
  10. They stole that spinning cube thing from a Mac! (Two mac users sitting next to me).
Mirror: 10 things I’ve overheard about my Linux laptop while on public transportation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: the cloud platform of choice, due on 17th April 2014

New Pop!_OS Update Makes (Some) Computers Faster

Ubuntu’s New Installer is Shaping Up Nicely