THE BEST DESCRIPTION OF HOW TO DO THIS ON THE WEB!I have to admit I spent a few hrs screwing with Evolution to try to make it work with GoDaddy to no avail. I followed this word for word et voila! ALL GOOD!
To Set Up Evolution
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences.
- Select Mail Accounts, and click Add(+).
- In the Account Management screen, enter a name to identify this account and click Forward.
- In the Identity screen, enter your full name, email address and any optional information you want to include and then click Forward.
- In the Receiving Email screen, select POP from the Server Type list and complete the following fields. When you are finished click Forward.
- Under Configuration, in the Server field, enter pop.secureserver.net as your incoming server name.
- In the User Name field, enter your email address.
- From the Authentication Type list, select Password.
- In the Receiving Options screen, set your preferences and click Forward.
- In the Sending Email screen, select SMTP from the Server Type list and complete the following fields. When you are finished, click Forward.
- Under Server Configuration, in the Server field, type smtpout.secureserver.net.
- Under the Authentication list, select Login and enter your SMTP user name (full email address).
NOTE: "smtpout.secureserver.net" is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send emails, you must first activate SMTP relay on your email account. To do this, log in to your Account Manager and go to your Manager Email Accounts page to set up SMTP relay. If you do not have SMTP relay set up and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service Provider. Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this setting.
Setting Up Evolution: "- Sent using Google Toolbar"