Customizing Grub2 boot menu - Ubuntu Forums

Customizing Grub2 boot menu

The grub boot menu Ubuntu uses has bothered me since I first saw the SUSE implementation of grub. So, after installing the latest 9.10 beta, I decided it was time to figure out how to get rid of that awful black grub menu. Two days later, here is what I have figured out.

Find an image

I used the cool heron image from a previous release of ubuntu. Find it here. My desktop resolution is 1280X1024 so that's what I trimmed down this image to match.

You'll have to save this image in PNG/TGA format. You'll see why later so just make sure this is the format you use.

Customizing Grub2 boot menu - Ubuntu Forums

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Pop!_OS Update Makes (Some) Computers Faster

Ubuntu’s New Installer is Shaping Up Nicely

How to Install the Latest Version of Wine on Ubuntu