Free & Open Source… single and multi player 1st person shooter game with some satisfying fast old school game play. A large variety of game play modes from classic SP to fast one on one Multi player and objective based team play.
The engine, though designed for simplicity and elegance as opposed to feature & eye candy checklists, still competes nicely.
- Game Play is very similar to Doom 2 / Quake 1
- Many multi player game play modes, most in team play variants as well: death match, efficiency, tactics, capture (domination/battlefield style), CTF (capture the flag) etc.
- Master server & in game server browser.
- Lag-free game play experience.
- Two single player modes: DMSP (fight a monster invasion on any DM map), classic SP (progression driven SP like other games)
- 7 weapons tuned for maximum satisfaction: double barrel shotgun, rocket launcher, machine gun, rifle, grenade launcher, pistol, fist.
Weapons and Goodies
|0||fist||50||0.25 sec||200||quake3 gauntlet|
|1||shotgun||20 x 10||1.4 sec||143||doom2 SSG (wide angle, but less than in doom2)|
|2||chaingun||30||0.1 sec||300||quake LG (mild spread at distance)|
|3||rocket launcher||120||0.8 sec||150||quake RL (splash damage)|
|4||rifle||100||1.5 sec||66||quake 2 RG|
|5||grenade launcher||75||0.5 sec||100||any quake GL, except faster but less damaging|
|6||pistol||25||0.5||50||quake SG, but more precise|
The player has available all weapons when he spawns, but no ammo for them (except 5 shells), 100 health, and 50 weak Armour (20% absorption).
Items that can be picked up:
- 6 types of ammo (10 shells, 5 rockets, 20 bullets, 5 rifle rounds, 10 grenades, 30 pistol ammo) (to a max of 30/15/60/15/30/120, re-spawn 12/9/6 seconds)
- health (adds 25 to a max of MAXHEALTH (initially 100), respawn 20/15/10 seconds)
- health boost (adds 10 to your MAXHEALTH until the end of the current map, respawn 60 seconds)
- light Armour (100, absorbs 40% of damage, respawn 20 seconds)
- heavy armour (200, absorbs 60% of damage, respawn 20 seconds)
- quad powerup (4 x damage for 20 seconds, respawn 60 seconds)
Health and ammo respawn depends on number of players in the game, the numbers given are for 1-2, 3-4, and 5+ player games respectively.
Cube Engine Games